Fernando Correia’s Weblog

July 18, 2008

Debugging Flex apps with Firefox

Filed under: Software Development — Fernando Correia @ 9:23 am
Tags:

While I was building my Flex client to a Google App Engine application, I was not able to make the Flex 3 debugger work.

I found out that this is a known bug related to Firefox 3. There is a workaround of setting the wmode parameter to “opaque” in index.template.html, but that didn’t work for me.

What did work, though, was to set Flex 3 to use another browser. This is done by opening the Window | Preferences dialog and adding a new browser in the General | Web Browser section.

I was able to debug using Internet Explorer. Later I installed Safari and it worked too. It seems to open faster than IE, so I’ll probably use it to debug my Flex apps until the issue with Firefox 3 is sorted out.

Advertisements

Leave a Comment »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: